[Qgis-developer] Processing: removing support for GRASS6?

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Oct 28 02:51:16 PDT 2016

Hi Victor,

Good.

The QGIS raster calculator should get some love. It is quite confusing
to many of our users in its current state, and also a bit limited.

It would be nice, if an improved raster calculator could use the power
of the QGIS expressions.

Perhaps, this would be a good candidate for another round of a QGIS
grants project.

Andreas

On 2016-10-28 11:41, Victor Olaya wrote:

> I want to add a calculator in processing that is based on QGIS
> classes, so is a native one, like the current raster calculator, but
> in processing. I hope that allows us to get rid of all the others,
> since it is very confusing and error prone. A good calculator that can
> do everything should be able to replace the collection of them we have
> now

> I think removing support for GRASS6 makes sense at least for QGIS 3.
> This will reduce confusion among users, and will remove some bugs.
> Anything against it?

please don't unless the GRASS7 r.mapcalc is fixed in Processing,
with GRASS 6 at least we can rely on r.mapcalculator, not available in
GRASS 7.

cheers!

-- G --