[Qgis-developer] FOSS4G code sprint idea: improving SLD export and GeoServer compatibility

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Sep 2 01:13:39 PDT 2016

On 02-09-16 10:01, Andrea Aime wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 2:11 AM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com
> <mailto:nyall.dawson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Just a reminder - please backport to the "master_2" branch as well, or
>     the fix will not be included in 2.18.
>

> I'll try. The sprint gave me a boost, but now I'm back on maybe 2 hours
> of spare
> time a week, even if I use all the time I have on this, it will take a
> long time to do the
> backports. Help much appreciated, if someone want to jump in please let's
> talk in advance, that first pull request about filters introduced a
> segfault that I fixed
> in the last one I made (I noticed it when playing against rule based
> renderers).

Hi Andrae,

Also from me a big thank you, both for investing so much time in
'looking over the borders' of another foss project (and program
language)! And bringing in all that SLD knowledge..

Great resume and plans too!

Though I do not want to make it more complex (as it is already), but I'm
wondering if also MapServer can benefit from this (as they can also
handle sld's isn't it?)?

I think the PSC / OSGEO(?) should try to find funding for this further
as the GEOFOSS ecosystem as a whole would benefit for this.

Again: thanks for your work!

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde