[Qgis-developer] pg_services on Windows

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Sep 9 04:42:48 PDT 2016

Hi Paolo,

I was trying to help, but I am running out of ideas. We use pg services
without any issues in our mixed Windows/Linux environments.

Two more ideas:

1. Try if you can connect in the OSGEO4W shell with your service
definition. Make sure that the shell sees your environment variable. You
can connect in the OSGEO shell with:

psql "service=servicename"

If that fails, then it is a general problem in your OS or libpq, and not
the fault of QGIS.

2. Try to put the pg_service.conf file inside the Windows file system,
not through network shares from Linux

Other than that - no idea what could be wrong.

Andreas