[Qgis-developer] pg_services on Windows

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Sep 9 08:15:13 PDT 2016

On 2016-09-09 11:13 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> I was successful with
> set PGSERVICEFILE=C:\Users\John\Desktop\pg_service.conf
> (with "C:\Users..." it failed).
> Subsequent startup of QGIS however hung out, even after rebooting the
> machine.

Another note, obvious but I must mention: be careful with using the
"set=" method, to set environment variables at the commandline, on
Windows - this is only temporary, in that command window, meaning that
another tool such as QGIS has no access to that temporary variable.  You
must set a SYSTEM environment variable, through Control Panel/System and
Security/System/Advanced system settings/Environment Variables.   And be
sure to set a "SYSTEM" variable through that interface (you could lose
sleep and hair later if you try to set a USER variable and can't
understand why it isn't found by some software).  This is important.

Maybe that info helps someone reading this thread later someday :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/