[Qgis-developer] pg_services on Windows

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Sep 9 08:20:38 PDT 2016

> On 2016-09-09 11:13 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>>
>> I was successful with
>> set PGSERVICEFILE=C:\Users\John\Desktop\pg_service.conf
>> (with "C:\Users..." it failed).
>> Subsequent startup of QGIS however hung out, even after rebooting the
>> machine.

Yet another note: in your testing, always always be sure to close your
command window, or QGIS, after making changes to any system environment
variables.  Then re-open your command window, or QGIS, and re-try your
commands/settings.   (all these little tips are never documented
anywhere, but just stuff I've learned helping clients along the way).  I
hope the tips help someone else someday :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/