[Qgis-developer] QGIS 3 plugins - require implementation as processing algs?

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 03:51:43 PDT 2016

> What about improving  processing's docstrings with more detail and then
> including them in the QGIS docs site as Sphinx docs?
> I can volunteer to help out with writing some of these docstrings, if
> needed.

I will be happy to work on this as well. Notice that, however,
developing a Processing script (which should be enough for most cases)
requires very little knowledge of Processing. If you know the syntax
for defining the algorithm semantics (which are used for creating the
UI), then the rest is just using the QGIS API to work with the values
entered by the user (layers, strings, etc...). There are some helper
methods in the Processing code (probably not very documented), but
they are optional, just some handy methods to makes things easier.

The few methods and ideas that are required, they are all documented
in the corresponding section in the QGIS manual (not the PyQGIS
cookbook...where we should maybe put it as well...)

cheers