[Qgis-developer] QGIS 3 plugins - require implementation as processing algs?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Sep 12 02:58:49 PDT 2016

Il 12/09/2016 11:55, Tom Chadwin ha scritto:

> In a more minor way, I'd also like to think of a way to handle the various
> "connect to a national service" type of plugins which are:
>
> 1. perhaps overly simple in aim for a plugin
> 2. very similar in function to one another
> 3. often of limited userbase-wide interest
>
> However, plainly some market need results in their being created (ease of
> use, I guess), so I'm not sure what the solution is.

Agreed, and there are other cases as well. My approach is to apply a
gentle pressure every time a new plugin of this type appears. I'm
sometimes successful. Having a general guideline on this (never
duplicate a plugin, always merge) would help implementing it, even thugh
someone could be unhappy with it.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu