[Qgis-developer] About Processing documentation

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Sep 12 22:56:16 PDT 2016

Il 13/09/2016 07:51, Victor Olaya ha scritto:

> There was some discussion about the Processing documentation in
> another thread, mainly about the one targeted at developers.
>
> I was thinking about spending some time improving/updating the
> documentation, both for users and devs, and most likely Alex Neto will
> have some time as well to help me on that, organizing stuff,
> completing what is missing and doing a bit of cleaning. Since this is
> a good oportunity to move forward in the Processing documentation, I
> would like to ask you for you ideas and comments, so we can focus on
> what is more important or urgent.

Thanks Victor, a much welcome offer. IMHO an important thing is to make
it easier for users to add their content: many algs are very
specialized, and allowing someone expert in that field will greatly
speed up the building of a complete documentation.
IMHO it is also important to keep on reusing existing docs, available at
least for GRASS, GDAL, and OTB. This will result in some heterogeneity,
but is better and more sustainable in the long term than redoing everything.
I'm available for help if necessary.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu