[Qgis-developer] double handed RangeSlider (for TimeManager)?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Sep 12 23:48:08 PDT 2016

On 12-09-16 09:31, Giuseppe Sucameli wrote:
> Hi Richard,

>     I'm wondering if it is doable to create a custom QgsDoubleQtSlider which
>     more or less looks like something like this:
>
> have a look at this [1].
> I developed it years ago and used it in few plugins (e.g. see [2]).
> Best regards.
> Giuseppe
>
> [1] https://github.com/brushtyler/range_filter
> <https://github.com/brushtyler/range_filter>
> [2] https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/gem_mt/
> <https://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/gem_mt/>

Hi Giuseppe,

ah Thanks! Looks good!

But... I also want to use the tick steps (to use discrete intervals in
timemanager). Looks like this is some tricky way with two sliders from
which one is inverted... If I show ticks you get pretty strange results.

Why Qt does not have a range slider?

I found another option:

https://github.com/mkilling/QxtSpanSlider.py
( though libqxt is not maintained anymore :-( )

Anyway, thanks for your work

Regards,

Richard

Regards,