[Qgis-developer] double handed RangeSlider (for TimeManager)?

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 02:09:44 PDT 2016

On 13 September 2016 at 08:48, Richard Duivenvoorde <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
> Hi Giuseppe,
>
> ah Thanks! Looks good!
>
> But... I also want to use the tick steps (to use discrete intervals in
> timemanager). Looks like this is some tricky way with two sliders from
> which one is inverted... If I show ticks you get pretty strange results.
>
> Why Qt does not have a range slider?

1) in qt4 before it's license change, double sliders was a commercial component
2) as far as I kinow double sliders would be available in qt5

> I found another option:
>
> https://github.com/mkilling/QxtSpanSlider.py
> ( though libqxt is not maintained anymore :-( )

I faced this class years ago but I ported but the result wasn't good
enough, sincerly I don't remember

> Anyway, thanks for your work
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis