[Qgis-developer] Plans for QGIS 3.0 and QWebView.... *sigh*

Luigi Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 02:54:09 PDT 2016

First... thank you Nyall to rise up the argument.

second... I had to plugin heavely using QWebKit... but basing on this:
https://wiki.qt.io/Porting_from_QtWebKit_to_QtWebEngine
It wouldn't be a problem get rid of webkit and use directly webengine.
The use of QTextBrowser is not an option for that plugins.

I didn't dig into QWebEngine rendering limitations, so I don't have
opinions about this.

cheers

Luigi Pirelli

* Boundless QGIS Support/Development: lpirelli AT boundlessgeo DOT com
* GitHub: https://github.com/luipir
* Mastering QGIS:
https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-qgis