[Qgis-developer] [QGIS Server] Maintain it and create a team

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Sep 23 06:04:32 PDT 2016

Hi René-Luc

Thanks, better to have it on the mailing list than with the github comments.

Well, taking the constructive parts out of that discussion, I think it
makes sense to take the opportunity to rewrite the server part
completely (it will be a while until there are the same number of
features as now )

Also, the code sould be moved it to a separate repo / project. The QGIS
codebase is quite bloated now and move code out of if will be good. QGIS
server is like a third party application using the core API.

 >We would like to raise interest around QGIS Server, and report here
that this part of QGIS is really used in production by companies and
research centers, and maintained by some devs, and not >just a QGIS side
project "for fun".

Yes of course. Well, it can be used in production and be fun at the same
time.

 >* Who is interested in participating in  QGIS Server (code, ideas,
review, tests) ?

Sourcepole is of course also interested in a working server for version3
and to have a working group for it.

Regards,
Marco