[Qgis-developer] Include geometric primitive from CAD plugins?

L.Bartoletti lbartoletti at tuxfamily.org
Fri Sep 23 13:03:32 PDT 2016

Hello,

With the arrival of QGIS 3 what did you think about include the various
plugins for CAD in the core of QGIS?
ArcheoCAD, CADDigitize (mine), CadTools, Digitizing Tools, QAD, Spline,
and may be other offer identical functionality.

In my humble opinion, I think the creations of geometries (circle,
ellipse, rectangle, triangle, regular Polygon, etc.) of different
plugins can be included in QGis. If no one is on the project, if it
seems interesting and if I can be accompanied by a mentor, I can have
some free time to incorporate these features.

If you think it useful, I allow myself to present an integration suggestion.

Thanking you in advance for your return.

Loïc BARTOLETTI

PS: The next step may be to incorporate editing feature (trim/extend,
fillet/bevel, etc.)  from QAD, CADDigitize and other.