[Qgis-developer] Include geometric primitive from CAD plugins?

Giuliano Curti giulianc51 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 01:25:46 PDT 2016

On 9/23/16, L.Bartoletti <lbartoletti at tuxfamily.org> wrote:
> Hello,

Hi L(uca? / uciano?),

> With the arrival of QGIS 3 what did you think about include the various
> plugins for CAD in the core of QGIS?
> ArcheoCAD, CADDigitize (mine), CadTools, Digitizing Tools, QAD, Spline,
> and may be other offer identical functionality.
>
> In my humble opinion, I think the creations of geometries (circle,
> ellipse, rectangle, triangle, regular Polygon, etc.) ......

some time ago, when I approached QGIS, I had your same impression,
thought that his editing capabilities were insufficient; luckily
something is improved and I realized that not all users need of
advanced editing capabilities; But I remain convinced that others,
such as those that arrive by the Urban Design, might like a more
advanced editing;

> Thanking you in advance for your return.
>
> Loïc BARTOLETTI

I wish you good work, hello,
giuliano

PS: I allow me to alert a few plugins that I have sketched out long
ago (points4qgis, plines4qgis & polyg4qgis); probably the code has to
be rewritten, however, you might find some ideas about querying,
diagnostics, building (orthogonal, parallel, trilaterations,
rectangular and radial series, symmetry, etc.) and editing (shifts,
rotations, collimation, etc.) useful for your goal;