[Qgis-developer] [QGIS Server] Maintain it and create a team

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Sep 26 09:11:21 PDT 2016

Il 26/09/2016 18:06, Matthias Kuhn ha scritto:
> Wow, I am impressed by the amount of feedback and active interest in the
> QGIS server.
>
> With this motivation behind it I am confident this part of the project
> can be continued in a solid and sustainable way.
>
> From a technical perspective I also fully agree with Jürgen that keeping
> the source code in the same repository than the core functionality.
>
> If I understand correctly, the grant proposal by Martin should already
> cover part of the required refactoring (fingers crossed it gets
> accepted) and with the resources available which offered support in
> various ways in this thread I don't think it is out of scope to fix the
> remaining issues.

Great news, thanks. I also agree. I think that, while open tech
discussion is always good, we should be careful not to spread FUD around
the project: it is far easier to scare people than to reassure them, and
scared people might run to help, as we have seen in this thread, or slip
away, maybe silently.
So, long life to QGIS server. It is quite clear we all want it in good
shape for QGIS 3.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu