[Qgis-developer] Testing plugins against QGIS3 with Travis

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 01:40:02 PDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 9:42 PM, Tom Chadwin <tom.chadwin at nnpa.org.uk>
wrote:

> I hope the subject is clear. Is it feasible yet to set up Travis to test
> plugins against QGIS3 master? My .travis.yml currently has:
>
> dist: trusty
>
> env:
>   - QGIS_REPO=http://qgis.org/debian-ltr
>   - QGIS_REPO=http://qgis.org/debian
>   - QGIS_REPO=http://qgis.org/debian-nightly
>
> install:
>   - sudo add-apt-repository ${QGIS_REPO}
>
> I've just tried adding the experimental repo to the env section:
>
>   - QGIS_REPO=http://qgis.org/debian-nightly-experimental
>
> However, Travis throws an error on apt-get update:
>
> Err http://qgis.org trusty/main amd64 Packages
>   404  Not Found [IP: 104.27.139.220 80]
> Ign http://qgis.org trusty/main Translation-en_US
> Ign http://qgis.org trusty/main Translation-en
> W: Failed to fetch
> http://qgis.org/debian-nightly-experimental/dists/
> trusty/main/binary-amd64/Packages
> 404  Not Found [IP: 104.27.139.220 80]
> E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead.
>
> Can I get further with this, or do I need to wait?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

may I suggest you to have a look to this project
https://github.com/boundlessgeo/qgis-testing-environment-docker ?

I've started to adapt the Docker recipe for Qt5 and Py3 but I'm not done
yet and any help would be highly welcome!

We also have nigthly automated builds ready for use:
https://hub.docker.com/r/boundlessgeo/qgis-testing-environment/tags/

This system is currently used CI on all Boundless plugins, see a simple
example here:
https://github.com/boundlessgeo/qgis-lessons-plugin/blob/master/.travis.yml
and a more complex one here:
https://github.com/boundlessgeo/qgis-geoserver-plugin/blob/master/.travis.yml