[Qgis-developer] Testing plugins against QGIS3 with Travis

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 03:50:54 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 12:23:39PM +0200, Matthias Kuhn wrote:

> buld it
> operation
> > >
> > > Do Travis agent not cache downloaded docker images ?
> >
> > The strategy which we use for QGIS tests (and plugin tests) and some
> > other plugins which I've been involved with do not depend on Docker but
> > instead on a precise or trusty system where additional dependencies can
> > be installed from repositories (which are currently missing for almost?
> > all distributions).
>
> Yes, but Alessandro was suggesting a user to use a docker-based travis
> to test plugins, if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, exactly, the Docker image contains QGIS nightlies from different
branches and a few small scripts that make easier to run fully automated CI
tests (unittest python classes)  inside a real QGIS instance.

We are using this system to test plugins and to run integration tests with
GeoServer or other endpoints (they are also in docker containers,
orchestrated with docker compose.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it