[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server 3.0 roadmap

René-Luc Dhont rldhont at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:12:52 PDT 2016

Hi Nyall,

I like your proposition on QGIS Project and Layer Registry. Will you
write a QEP about it ? Do you wait the grant vote ?

About the server part, we used QgsMapLayerRegistry because some widgets
rely on map layer ids and not map layer pointers. We create our own
Project parser because the QgsProject load segfault if the
QgsApplication is instanciate without interface (GUIenabled to false).
And QgsProject is too close to QGIS gui.

René-Luc