[Qgis-developer] QGIS D3 DataVis Plugin Status Report

Fri Sep 30 16:27:15 PDT 2016

Hi,

Did you ever try Vega https://vega.github.io/vega/? As stated, "With Vega,
you can describe the visual appearance and interactive behavior of a
visualization in a JSON format, and generate views using HTML5 Canvas or
SVG."

You can see a sandbox to try it
http://vega.github.io/vega-editor/?mode=vega&spec=bar
It uses D3. With this approach, less need to code, more need to
configure/create a configuration.

FYI, ESRI company has a product based on it called Cedar
http://esri.github.io/cedar/ for creating online charts with their online
maps

Cheers

Thomas Gratier