[Qgis-developer] Possibility of 2.18.6 release shortly?

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Apr 1 02:29:30 PDT 2017

Hi Nyall,

On Sat, 01. Apr 2017 at 12:27:37 +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> I'm wondering if there's any chance of an immediate follow up to the
> 2.18.5 release with a quick bug fix release.

Oh no.  Took me until wednesday to cleanup the mess - and now there's even
more.

> Totally my fault

Get in line ;)

- download.osgeo.org ran out of disc space again (had to move the symbol store
  to make room)
- I missed to dependency updated after the removal of some python ext-libs
  after metasearch was updated in the release branches - producing uninstable
  trusty/jessie packages and broken NSIS installers.
- ubuntugis updated GDAL right after the release, breaking the fresh
  packages.
- processing saga support was broken just before the release.

On the positive side a 2.18.6 now could just take the scripts/release.pl -point
run 2.18.5 should have been.

But should we wait a while to see if there's even more?

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode