[Qgis-developer] Are there plans to create a unique "Add layer" tool?

Stéphane Henriod stephanebek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 22:46:20 PDT 2017

Hi Anita

To go one step further :-) Any reason why it couldn't be polished and
directly integrated in the core? As a non-developer, I maybe underestimate
the workload here? Isn't it something that could "easily" be done by one of
the core developers without requiring substantial additional funding?

I think such unified button would be very helpful, especially for beginners
(who don't intuitively understand yet the difference between vector,
raster, etc.) and I would hate to start a GIS introduction by saying
"First, you'll have to download and install a plugin" :-)

It also would be a good way to catch former ArcGIS users, who grew up used
to such a unified approach.

All the best

Stéphane

--

“When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make
you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable." --