[Qgis-developer] Basic Processing plugin questions

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 02:55:24 PDT 2017

>> How about outputting nothing at all (in a Processing context, I mean)? I
>> presume that is also acceptable? Or is the best approach in such a case to
>> output the inputs, as it were?

Depends on the algorithm. If the algorithm modifies a layer, it is a
good idea to output that same layer, so then it can be linked to a new
algorithm in the modeler. If your algorithm does something that doesn
not "produce" anything at all (for instance, the GeoServer pluin has
Processing algs to deploy a layer to a GeoServer instance), then it's
ok to not have any output

Both options are accepted by the Processing syntax