[Qgis-developer] Google Summer of Code liaison officer

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Apr 6 01:06:18 PDT 2017

Quick summary for anyone interested:

There's five projects:

 * My remote-control API project which has a strong student and two
signed-up mentors, me as main mentor.

 * A QGIS-PySAL (spatial analysis library) integration project which
also looks like a good student. I'll co-mentor that but it needs a
main mentor to do most of the work with the student.

 * Two projects that seem to be about improving vector geoprocessing
algorithms, which I would have thought were libGEOS's business, but
the students don't mention libGEOS which worries me.  No mentors
signed up.

 * A project on raster uncertainty visualisation that is working on
improving and extending the students' existing plugin. No mentors
signed up.

Barry