[Qgis-developer] QGIS 3: QgsGeometryAnalyser buffer issue in Python QThread

Havard Tveite havard.tveite at nmbu.no
Thu Apr 6 08:02:33 PDT 2017

Trying to make a plugin work in QGIS 3, I am facing problems
when using the QgsGeometryAnalyzer buffer function in a QThread.
In QGIS 2 (with Qt4) there were no such issues.

If I try to use the QgsGeometryAnalyzer buffer function in a
thread, I get Qt error messages:

"QObject::killTimer: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread"
"QObject::~QObject: Timers cannot be stopped from another thread"

and after a while (about a minute) QGIS crashes.

Are there known threading issues with the QgsGeometryAnalyzer
functions in QGIS 3 / Qt5?

Håvard
--
Håvard Tveite
Faculty of Sciences and Technology, NMBU