[Qgis-developer] QGIS Grant Proposals Round #2

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 07:23:53 PDT 2017

Hi all,
Reviewing the excellent proposals for Grant applications #2, I realized
that I had to advertize some on going work:

1- Proposal ​11 SHARING QGIS PROJECTS AND RESOURCES WITHIN GEOPACKAGES.

This was discussed a number of times before. We (Oslandia) have funding to
realize the auxiliary storage QEP and this should land in QGIS 3.2.  ( see
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/issues/27)
This work has been discussed in details before into the QEP. May I ask
Joana Simoes to participate into the QEP page so that we could merge the
two approaches and merge efforts ? That would be awesome!

2- Feature vs. Quality tasks

I remember well the poll we made to ask users if they wanted more feature
or more stability and the results largely in favor of new features.
I really think all low level refactoring, test, build and documentation
should be taken well into consideration by voting members. Features are
appealing and fun, and they probably will find their way to funding more
easily than the not fun ones. I see Grant Application as great to
opportunity to rebalance those natural tendancies a bit.
 Oh, and I have no interest in saying that, having pushed a "Feature"
proposal. :o)

Cheers and thanks for the huge work made here,
Régis