[Qgis-developer] [gdal-dev] GDAL 2.2.0 beta 2 available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Apr 25 02:04:46 PDT 2017

> Hum, there might be an intermediate option: revert the change in GDAL 2.2
> branch, and keep it in 2.3dev which will probably be released in one year,
> at a time where QGIS 3 should have been released to.

I've taken another road finally. Build the internal copy of shapelib of QGIS with some
modifications :
* prefix all the SHP* and DBF* symbols of it with qgis_ to avoid symbol name clashes
* and use GDAL VSI Large file I/O instead of standard lib FILE API so that UTF-8 names are
properly handled on Windows.

>From my (light) tests, seems to work (on Linux).

==> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/4413

Even