[Qgis-developer] QGEP - right place to raise issues and discuss technical matters ?

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Apr 27 07:33:49 PDT 2017

Hi Michaël,

On 04/27/2017 11:51 AM, kimaidou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have chosen to use the Github repository. Any feedback appreciated ;)
> I will probably add more issues, and ad PR. Please tell me if I need to
> stop !
>
> https://github.com/QGEP/QGEP/issues/created_by/mdouchin
> https://github.com/QGEP/datamodel/pull/12#issuecomment-297654347

I think that github is the right place indeed. I like the possibility to
keep discussins threaded, mark them as resolved, label them, search and
browse them. Are there some things for which you would prefer a mailing
list?

>     I think we could use QGIS dev mailing list to discuss some matter
>     related to QGEP, but only if there is an impact on QGIS (feature
>     missing, etc.), as Matthias and other QGEP devs do sometimes.

For anything that's not wastewater specific business logic (so api,
performance, forms ...), the list is of course perfectly fine like for
any other plugin.

>         Maybe we could discuss that at Essen, will you join?
>

>     I won't attend this meeting, but I will be available for any online
>     interaction ( irc, emails, wiki, webconf, etc.)
>

>         Matthias, Denis, any opinion ?>
>
>     Same question ;)

Yes, I'll be in Essen ;)

Cheers