[Qgis-developer] Core plugin : the Form-Aware Value Relation Widget plugin

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 02:51:49 PDT 2017

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Régis Haubourg <regis.haubourg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> one point in my todo list for Essen is to build and share specifications
> to homogenize and improve relation widgets. Matthias, would you be
> available for that work?
> Régis

>> Hi René-Luc,
>>
>> It is amazing indeed and the functionality it provides should be in core.
>>
>> Recently there has been a trend away from core plugins and lots of them
>> have been removed.
>>
>> What should be done in my opinion is trying to modularize it as much as
>> possible (I discussed some ideas with Alessandro in Girona but cannot
>> recall it right now) and integrate this functionality as core fully
>> featured core functionality.
>>
>> Regards
>> Matthias

I'm with Matthias: the Form Aware plugin has some limitations, for example
it does not work in the attribute table but it only works in the form view.

BTW, I agree that the functionality should be in core.

Unfortunately it is not an easy task and requires a deep understanding of
the attribute table and form widgets implementation and might require a
refactoring of the whole system, I'm afraid I'm not the right person to
address this issue.

I really hope that eventually somebody will find the time and funds to make
this enhancement.

>> On 4/28/17 3:21 PM, René-Luc Dhont wrote:
>> > Hi Devs,
>> >
>> > What do you think about set the Form-Aware Value Relation Widget
>> > plugin as a core plugin ?
>> > https://github.com/elpaso/qgis-formawarevaluerelationwidget
>> >
>> > I think it has to be a core feature! Thank Alessandro Pasotti to have
>> > done it!
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > René-Luc

Alessandro Pasotti