[QGIS-Developer] User defined env vars on QGIS Master Windows

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Aug 9 04:24:05 PDT 2017

Hi,

I use Postgis service definitions and define them centrally in a
pg_service.conf file. This concerns QGIS master on Windows.

While this works fine on QGIS 2.18, I have issues in master - only if I
define PGSYSCONFDIR centrally in the Windows operating system, this
variable is honored, not if I define them in QGIS under Settings -->
Options --> System --> Environment. In this latter case, the env var is
ignored.

I am pretty sure, this issue is rather recent, because it already worked
with older QGIS master builds.

Maybe this has somehow to do with the "Add layer" refactoring in QGIS
master? Just a wild guess - perhaps it is some different issue.

In any way, I would like to know if I am the only one experiencing this
problem.

Thanks,

Andreas