[QGIS-Developer] Travis for plugin test can't install QGIS

Matthias Kuhn matthias at opengis.ch
Thu Aug 24 05:24:44 PDT 2017

Hi Anita,

I got around to doing this now.

For the project here I had to add a bit of additional overhead because
it requires some additional binaries and services compared to a plain
installation

- postgres
- java

So I had to use docker-compose (for postgres) and an extra Docker file
(to install the dependencies).

It's still super-easy - it just could be even a tiny bit simpler, if
these are skipped.

It only requires these files:
https://github.com/opengisch/projectgenerator/tree/master/.docker

And these lines:
https://github.com/opengisch/projectgenerator/blob/2bf4d2acc43da9b0bcedd5f530715d287a6d12d6/.travis.yml#L1-L2

It all depends on the awesome work from Denis who managed to provide
regularly updated builds of the current master branch on dockerhub.

Let me know how it goes for you
Matthias