[QGIS-Developer] Adding a new DataProvider - not found by QgsProviderRegistry

Mark Johnson mj10777 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 29 06:28:48 PDT 2017

I would like to create a new RasterDataProvider within the same Library as
the
QgsSpatiaLiteProvider, which is called: QgsRasterLite2Provider.

An extra class has been created, but cannot be found by
the QgsProviderRegistry, reporting 'Invalid data provider rasterlite2'.

I have assumed, that since Grass also has both a Raster and Vector provider
that this would not cause a problem.

Some sort of extra step seems to be needed that I have overlooked.

Mark Johnson, Berlin Germany