[QGIS-Developer] Adding a new DataProvider - not found by QgsProviderRegistry

Mark Johnson mj10777 at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 29 06:48:55 PDT 2017

> I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but GDAL 2.2 SQLite driver supports
> rasterlite2 datasets
> (in read-only), provided it is built against librasterlite2.
>
> Even

Yes, I know.
This a part of the 'overhaul' of the QgsSpatiaLiteProvider in preparation
for Spatialite 4.5.0 which will contain more functionality along with
RasterLite2 which be released with it.

At the moment, however, the GDAL 2.2 SQLite does not render the present
(development) version of RasterLite2 correctly, which I assume is due to
the latest changes made in RasterLite2.

Mark