[QGIS-Developer] Backporting crash handler into 2.18

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Dec 4 01:00:24 PST 2017

On 04-12-17 01:01, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Just wanted to see how everyone would feel if I was thinking about
> backporting the crash handler we have in QGIS 3 back into 2.18.

I think it is a good idea...

As you say, 2.18 will be here for some time (especially for educational
and governmental institutions probably, all running windows).
Indeed then people can at least report back something (as I think our
normal stacktrace-sources: Linux devs, will probably move on to 3.x).

While it looks like if we want to say that QGIS ever crashes on Windows,
maybe name it Windows or Data Crash Handler  ;-) ....

Needs to be tested thoroughly though, as it is a new 'feature' in LTR...
Is it testable?

Regards,

Richard