[QGIS-Developer] Settings migration from QGIS 2 to 3

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 17:22:51 PST 2017

Hi !

I think the migration should be optional (eg. by displaying a message on
first start if there's a QGIS2 conf). I'd say this is what most programs do
for major updates. This would allow users who are a bit messy (like me) to
take advantage of QGIS3 to make a clean start.

Also, you'd be able to easily reset to factory settings by wiping the whole
QGIS3 directory (actually it's by trying to do that and not understanding
why the browser kept my providers that I learned that config was migrated).

What do you think ? Should I open a feature request ?

Still the feature will definitely be very useful for most users ! Thank you
very much for developing it :)

Olivier