[QGIS-Developer] srs.db

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Dec 12 12:50:44 PST 2017

Hi Martin,

On Tue, 12. Dec 2017 at 17:07:21 +0100, Martin Dobias wrote:
> 1. is there any reason why we need to keep srs.db in the sources,
> rather than generating it during the build?

There's more in the srs.db than crssync handles.  There may be entries, that
are not present in GDAL/PROJ.4 at all.  We only update where the two intersect
and even have means to avoid the update for some.

It's supposed to be run on install (and is in the debian and windows
packaging).

I agree that srs.db is not ideal and tracking changes is not nice (there are
quite a few commits that have the SQL for the change in the commit message).

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode