[QGIS-Developer] QGIS nightly - snap shortcut

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Dec 13 01:17:36 PST 2017

> Hi SÅ‚awomir,
>
> you can override the default QGIS keyboard shortcuts, see:
>
> https://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/qgis_configur
> ation.html#keyboard-shortcuts
>
> Note that with me the shortcut is a simple capital S.
>
> I do not think we can make everybody happy with the chosen shortcuts :-)

It seems to be a bit more complicated...

Usually we can translate shortcuts in the PL translation, but this one seems
to be generated automagically by QT - I can't find any place in the code where
it could be defined.

Does anybody know how it's being generated? Probably we should define it
explicitly so we can translate it.

Borys

PS. As Richard said, it's listed as simple "s", so you can't use it when
you're in any text edit widget. It seems the Shift+Alt+S is an alias for such
situations - with inverted priority, what causes the problem. So the only fast
fix is to change it to e.g. "p".