[QGIS-Developer] Build problems of master (GDAL related)

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 02:10:26 PST 2017

On 13 December 2017 at 19:26, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> I use GDAL SVN (latest version): GDAL 2.3.0dev, released 2017/99/99
>
> Any idea what could be done to fix my compile issues?

Just to expand on Sandro's answer: I've been implementing some changes
in upstream GDAL to allow us to remove some hardcoded format handling
in QGIS. These changes have been merged in gdal dev and will be
included in 2.3, but in meantime they have also been utilised in qgis
code for gdal >= 2.3 builds.

So basically you need to update to a newer svn build which includes
these latest changes (or use a stable gdal build, which will also
work, and just fall back to the hardcoded format handling).

Nyall