[QGIS-Developer] What changed on Travis?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Dec 13 14:47:07 PST 2017

On jeudi 14 décembre 2017 08:25:31 CET Nyall Dawson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone know what changed on Travis yesterday? All of a sudden we're
> seeing a shapefile test failing with no changes which account for
> this.

Nyall,

I have had today issues on Travis GDAL too (new warnings popping up whereas the code was
unchanged), and finally tracked that down to an upgrade of the Trusty image from clang 3.9
to clang 5.0
But in the QGIS case, this is weird since according to the cmake report it seems to use a clang
3.8 in both cases (probably coming from the docker image)

But this seems definitely correlated with the change of the Travis image since the last good
build ( https://api.travis-ci.org/v3/job/315460942/log.txt ) is with the old image (with clang
3.9), and the first bad one
( https://api.travis-ci.org/v3/job/315604790/log.txt ) is with the new image (with clang 5.0)

I see they've pubished a blog post about the change:
https://blog.travis-ci.com/2017-12-12-new-trusty-images-q4-launch
and the updated packages:
https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/build-environment-updates/2017-12-12/

Even