[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3D: looking below the terrain model

Syd Visser sydv at sjgeophysics.com
Thu Dec 14 12:48:31 PST 2017

Martin

As a geologist and geophysicist it is extremely important for us to be
able to see below topography and inside (slice and dice) volumes as in
NVIZ in grass.

I have always thought that only being able to view topography form the
top or volumes form the outside not inside was called 2.5D.

I am wandering if you should differentiate between them.

it would be extremely useful for us to ab able to render 3D raster from
grass. Basically the same as in NVIZ of Paraview

thanks

Syd

*Syd (Sipke) Visser, P.Geo.*
President, Snr. Geophysicist/Geologist