[QGIS-Developer] The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

Patrick Dunford enzedrailmaps at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 04:32:55 PST 2017

With a recent change in masters the project file format has been broken
yet again (it seems) and now instead of recognising EPSG:3857 on project
files that are not very old, it comes up as USER:100029

Now ordinarily this wouldn't be an issue, just open project properties
and change the CRS. Except there is a well documented bug that makes the
software crash when you try to do this.

As it's not possible in any way for me to fix this latest inability to
recognise the CRS from the previous project file from a slightly earlier
version of master, maybe it would be helpful to document how we could
actually insert the CRS into the project file by hand so it is correct.

thanks