[QGIS-Developer] QGIS 3D: Fails with large DTM image

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 09:03:32 PST 2017

Hi Calvin

I have tested with your layer and the problem is with the no-data
values - right now the terrain generator does not have a concept of
no-data values so they are interpreted as valid values, which in this
case is a very high number (around 1e38) and that breaks the 3D view.
Best to keep an eye on https://issues.qgis.org/issues/17558 as that is
essentially the same problem. As a temporary workaround, you could try
to change your layer's no-data values closer to the valid range (e.g.
zero or 500).

Cheers
Martin