[QGIS-Developer] Submit plugin to QGIS 3 repo

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Mon Dec 18 06:15:23 PST 2017

> Master is not broken, it was a deliberate choice to request 3.0 after
> some discussion some time ago. Because most plugins had max version 2.99
> already, we would not have been able to distinguis 2.99 (for 2.x) and
> 3.0 (for 3.x) versions without changing the django/plugin website.
> Asking for 3.0 was the easiest way :-)

The problem is you only set the request url, and the main compatibility check
was still looking for 2.99 plugins. As a result, only plugins compatible for
both version could pass the filtering :)

For now I completed your fix [1], and I'm thinking about something better -
I'll make a PR for further discussion.

> BUT if you do not add a max version it defaults to the same version as
> the min version (or at least the *.99 version of the major version
> number)....
> So qgis2web has (see the url above on the bottom of the page) now has
> 2.99 min and 2.99 max

Right

> I would not try to fix this I think?
> It is a temporarily thing

It's my fault - the installer is still not covered by tests!

Borys

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/7c01b7e64780fe