[Qgis-developer] What happened to FGDB writing support in QGIS?

James Wood jwood911 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 07:38:25 PST 2017

I've always wondered why the read-only driver was chosen to be included with the packaged app over the other. Both "open" the fGDB format. The file geodatabase is enough of a ubiquitous exchange format now that it makes sense to me to just include the write option by default instead of having to go install it with each upgrade. I'm also glad that Esri now includes some functionality with the SpatiaLite/Geopackage formats, although, IMHO, it still misses the mark and is lacking in functionality on several levels. The ability to write to a fGDB is definitely a nice option to have.

I'm running QGIS 2.18.3 and ArcGIS Desktop 10.5/ArcGIS Pro 1.4 on Win10.

Sent from my iPhone