[Qgis-developer] Outline/border -> stroke?

Stéphane Henriod stephanebek at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 02:10:03 PST 2017

As a user and not developer (again...), I could also live with my projects
being slightly broken (+1 for the short migration guide) if this is the
price to pay for a perfect consistency of the transparency / opacity
sliders.

In this case I would also favor "transparency" over "opacity"

And I surrender to Andreas's argument. Yes to "stroke" (instead of "border"
or "outline") if this means we are following well accepted standards

Cheers

Stéphane

Le mardi 7 février 2017, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> a écrit :

> Il 07/02/2017 10:59, Nyall Dawson ha scritto:
>
> > Well, ideally not. Currently we only break projects which rely on very
> > old features (such as 1.x labeling, conversion from old symbology,
> > some composer features from maybe 2.6 or earlier). None of these
> > breaks are ever likely to be encountered by users.
> >
> > But breaking data defined transparency may.
>
> IMHO the break is not desirable, but acceptable, if the advantage is
> more consistency.
> I think we can prepare a short Migration guide pointing out all the
> points to be taken care of/check/modify for the end user.
> Cheers.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> https://www.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&geo=IT&q=qgis,arcgis

“When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make
you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable." --
Clifton Fadiman