[Qgis-developer] Building QGIS2.99 cloned from GitHub on Ubuntu 16.10 (yakkety) 64-bit Python

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 19:09:47 PST 2017

On 10 February 2017 at 12:26,  <gordon at shieldaig.com> wrote:
> This is what I changed to get what I had to build on Ubuntu 16.10.  I am
> using the free open source version of Qt directly from their website.

I hate to say this ... but I think your Ubuntu install must be in a
mess! It's really not that difficult at all from a clean Ubuntu 16.10
install, just a couple of steps after cloning the repo.

sudo apt-get install apt-get install bison ca-certificates cmake
dh-python doxygen flex gdal-bin git graphviz grass-dev libexpat1-dev
libfcgi-dev libgdal-dev libgeos-dev libgsl-dev libpq-dev libproj-dev
libqca-qt5-2-dev libqca-qt5-2-plugins libqt5opengl5-dev
libqt5scintilla2-dev libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5svg5-dev
libqt5webkit5-dev libqt5xmlpatterns5-dev libqwt-qt5-dev
libspatialindex-dev libspatialite-dev libsqlite3-dev lighttpd locales
ninja-build pkg-config poppler-utils pyqt5-dev pyqt5-dev-tools
pyqt5.qsci-dev python3-all-dev python3-dev python3-future python3-gdal
python3-mock python3-nose2 python3-psycopg2 python3-pyqt5
python3-pyqt5.qsci python3-pyqt5.qtsql python3-pyqt5.qtsvg python3-sip
python3-sip-dev python3-termcolor python3-yaml qtbase5-dev
qtpositioning5-dev qtscript5-dev qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools
spawn-fcgi txt2tags xauth xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-base
xfonts-scalable xvfb cmake-curses-gui

(as described in https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/INSTALL#L187)

Will get you ALL the dependencies you need - there's no need for
downloading the libraries from Qt, and you can safely use Ubuntu's
default Qt 5.6.1 library.

Possibly you can revive your build by running the above command, then
building in a new folder, but I suspect there's a lot of
odd/incompatible library versions floating around on your system by
now. I'd start by install a nice clean 16.10 install in a virtual
machine and only running the above command to get the dependencies. If
this is successful (it will be!) you could then try to work out what's
required to repair your install.

Hope that helps!
Nyall