[Qgis-developer] Possible hackfest in Australia in May

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 15:44:07 PST 2017

Hi all,

Martin, Nathan and myself have been chatting about the possibility of
a "mini-hackfest" happening in Australia this May. We figure that
while a couple of us are in the some part of the world it'd be nice to
get together and do a bit of coding!

We've discussed whether we want to do something more formal, like a 1
day user group meetup or mini conference, but in the end decided to
keep things super simple and informal so we can concentrate on what we
do best (hacking) and not get bogged down in the organisation details.

So basically the rough plan at the moment is just to find a venue,
probably in either Cairns or Darwin, with a room to hack in (and a bar
& swimming pool nearby!).

I realise there's a few contributors here from NZ and south east Asia
who may also be interested in attending. I also realise that there's
probably quite a few Europeans/Americans who may be keen for a good
excuse to take a holiday down here ;) So we're opening up discussions
to anyone else who may be interested in attending.

Just reply via the dev list or directly to Nathan/Martin/myself if
you're interested in getting involved.

Cheers,
Nyall