[Qgis-developer] Building QGIS2.99 cloned from GitHub on Ubuntu 17.04 (zesty) 64-bit Python

gordon at shieldaig.com gordon at shieldaig.com
Fri Feb 17 19:21:30 PST 2017

Just today I made a little progress after numerous upgrades applied to
Ubuntu 17.04.

There are several issues on my "messy" Ubuntu system  - and probably not
on other Linux flavours.

This error seems odd, I hadn't seem it before, is there a fix?

`[ 88%] Building CXX object
tests/src/gui/CMakeFiles/qgis_attributeformtest.dir/qrc_images.cpp.o
/home/gordon/dev/cpp/QGIS/build-master/python/gui/sip_guipart3.cpp:2929:7:
error: deleted function ‘virtual
sipQgsFileDownloader::~sipQgsFileDownloader()’

        ^
In file included from
/home/gordon/dev/cpp/QGIS/python/gui/qgsfiledownloader.sip:33:0:
/home/gordon/dev/cpp/QGIS/python/../src/gui/qgsfiledownloader.h:99:5:
error: overriding non-deleted function ‘virtual
QgsFileDownloader::~QgsFileDownloader()’
      ~QgsFileDownloader();`

The other error, I am working on, after bringing up QGIS.

`version `Qt_5.8' not found (required by
/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.so)`

I can install PyQt5.7.1 built using Qt5.7.1.  Hopefully that will work.
As it will be built with Qt5.7.1.

It has made me wonder how many "cores" were used to build pre-packaged
libraries, anyone know?

Qt5.8, is not possible for me without completely rebuilding libraries
which are prebuilt with an out-of-date Unicode `libicu` version 57 and
building from source has errors due to new icu version 58 not being
picked up.  I am not attempting that.

Gordon