[Qgis-developer] Future of standalone browser?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Feb 20 00:17:33 PST 2017

Il 20/02/2017 09:11, RĂ©gis Haubourg ha scritto:
> Agreed here,
> never used it, and it sends a wrong message saying Esri UX choices are
> good enough to be copied. Let's get rid of it :)

Agreed with most people here:
* never used it myself
* never seen used by anyone
* very confusing for the users (especially when it had the same desktop
icon as main app).
On the other hand, I find the docked version superuseful and intuitive,
although I agree with Richard that it should be streamlined, hopefully
replacing the (too) many "Add this and that" buttons.
Thanks Nyall for raising the issue.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu