[Qgis-developer] Future of standalone browser?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 00:52:52 PST 2017

On 20 February 2017 at 18:38, Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> Hi Nyall,
>
> On Mon, 20. Feb 2017 at 08:33:13 +1000, Nyall Dawson wrote:
>> - Ignoring a tiny change I made a couple of days ago (to make the
>> preview use a pan tool), the last commit to standalone browser
>> (besides general api fixes) was... adding a new icon in may 2015.
>
> Um, one minute you request a change and the other you want to have it killed.
> I should have better used the time to finish it ;)

Sorry - that commit comment just started me thinking about what it's
future is. I actually didn't expect that there would be such strong
consensus to remove it, and thought that this discussion was more
likely to result in suggestions for improving it and several people
saying "i can't live without it!". Apologies if your effort on that
commit wasn't required...

Nyall