[Qgis-developer] QGIS 3 configuration at first startup

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 03:42:49 PST 2017

Hi,

I've enabled QGIS 3 on a Windows machine where 2.18 and 2.14 are also
installed.
I was expecting to have some of my configurations kept but all was new (use
of the system locale , use of epsg:4326, otf off, didn't keep my custom
symbols... regardless my choices for 2.x release).

While I understand that QGIS 3 picks user configuration from a new .qgis3
folder, I wonder if this one shouldn't be populated with the current
configs of the user (when compatible). I'm not sure that all end users will
understand and could workaround these changes.

Regards,
Harrissou